Quku i Valbonës Guesthouse
Ask a Selimaj when something happened, and the first thing they will do is start counting back through the generations to orient themselves. Thus we know it was Selim Prëtashi who 10 generations ago first settled the Selimaj in Valbona. Today the latest generation continue to live in the handful of 100 year old farmhouses that comprise the hamlet of Quku i Valbonës (‘Valbona Hollow’). It is our pleasure to welcome you to stay with us in our guesthouse, which combines the charm and interest of a working traditional farm with tastefully modernized facilities indoors.
Here you will eat delicious traditional meals cooked by our mother Sose in the cozy kitchen, made with fresh ingredients grown within meters of where you sit.
You can relax in the sunshine, wander the meadows and hillsides, explore the river valley and hike the nearby trails on Pecmarres Mountain.
And if you get tired of relaxing, you are welcome to stroll along in the evening to bring the cows home, try your hand at scything the grass fields or spinning wool, or grind your own corn in the farm’s mill to make your bread.
- Capacity: sleeps 16, all in “bunk-style” beds, in four rooms (2 large rooms for 6 each, and two small rooms for 2 each)
- We have 2 shared bathrooms, one with shower, one with bath.
- Three meals include breakfast, a picnic lunch and full dinner, all traditional fare made from either our farm or local produce (see “Culture” on our website for information about local cuisine!)
All meals eaten in the large family kitchen or outside, weather permitting.
An informal sitting area is available under the beautiful and mysterious traditional wood-tile roof.
- Laundry services are available for 1€ per wash
- 15€ per person, per night with breakfast (9€ for children under 12)
25€ per person, per night with 3 meals (15€ for children under 12)
- 50€ per day for a guide
70€ per day for a horse
25€ for private transportation from Bajram Curri
25€ for private transportation to Gjelaj (start of the trail to Theth)
- Stay for a while:Anyone staying for 5 days or more during our high season (1 June through 30 September) gets a 10% discount.
- Avoid the Crowd:Visit us during off-season (1 October through 31 May) and get a 10% discount.
Note: Prepayment in full (possible through pay pal soon!) will absolutely guarantee that a bed is held for you on the dates of your choice. In the case of no deposit, we will hold reservations until 3pm on the day of arrival, after which if we have not heard from you we will consider the reservation cancelled. If you’re running late, just call us!